Thursday, August 05, 2004

I've seen the future, and the future is orange

Haha, just kidding. Anyway, I just thought I'd check in, and tell ya'all...something. I was just reading, and I came across a couple quotes that I liked. So, I thought I'd follow Sir Radish's grand example, and post them. Well, here they are:

I would rather be in company with a dead man than an absent one. For, if the dead man gives me no pleasure, at least he shows me no contempt, whereas the absent man, silently indeed, but very plainly, tell me that he does not think me worth his attention. -Lord Chesterfield

We should ever conduct ourselves towards our enemy as if he were one day to be our friend.
-John Henry Newman

Help thy brother's boat across, and lo! Thine own boat has reached the shore. -Hindu Proverb

I have no right, by anything I do or say, to demean a human being in his own eyes. What matters is not hwat I think of him, it is what he thinks of himself. To undermine a man's self esteem is a sin. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships were built for. -John A. Shield

If you chase two rabbits, both will escape. -Unknown

I know no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavor. -Henry David Thoreau

Come, my friends, 'Tis not too late to seek a newer world. -Alfred Lord Tennyson

Well, I hope I didn't bore you too much. Remember, it was your choice, not mine to read them, if you did lol. Well, cya'all later!

2 comments:

Sir Radish said...

Wow, those are all some pretty good ones. Where did you get them?

Noelle said...

I got them from this book I have. I really like it, I use it for all of my talks. I could let you borrow it if you wanted lol