Sunday, July 25, 2004

In the life of me! The Orange!

Well, today, I managed to use the mousse my mother bought me, and to bring out my natural curls. People wanted to know if I had gotten a perm. I said "Heavens, no! These are my natural curls!" In not so many words. They said that it was cute though. We weren't late today, but just on time. We even managed to acquire a cushioned pew. I was very pleased. When we got home, I finally remembered to email my Easter talk to Sister Pheysey. She's been begging me for months. I really am not sure of why my talk impressed so many people so much. They're still complimenting me about it. Oh well, Mine is not to wonder why, mine is but to do and die. After a few events that I admit I may have overreacted in, I am now forced to think of and participate in an activity with Almond. I think I may be able to avoid it, but if not, oh well, it can't be too bad. I practiced for nearly an hour. A lot of it was improv, but hey. There are some times when you CAN serve two masters. My mother and myself. Well, in the background, I can hear my mother hinting about how much she dislikes my situation, and how she wishes I was like any other child. *sigh* Life is just a package stuffed with foam peanuts. You have to sift through the annoying to find the enjoyable, and sometimes you just have to make do with the bubblewrap at the bottom. I read some from Fellowship of the Ring. I wish I could read faster. I really need to buckle down and just read the thing. Oh, I got emails today. Yesterday I just decided to tell Van Tan the truth that I don't like him, and never have, but that I really don't want to lose such a good friend. He wrote back saying that he actually hadn't been avoiding me, just that he'd been busy. I just decided to believe him. He also assured me that we were still friends, which made me glad. Anyway, 2 of the other emails were from The Radish, telling me about his family reunion in CA, as well as congratulating me about telling Van Tan the truth. The last email was from The Watermelon; it was about my confession as well. She also wanted to know exactly what the truth was. I told her that the truth was that I never liked him, and that I'm a dork. Well, that pretty much covers my day.


7 comments:

Sir Radish said...

Well, at least you get to give talks in sacrament meeting. Rachy, have you given one recently? I know my dad would love to recommend me for one, but for some reason I'm too scared to tell him that I think it'd be a good experience for me to give a talk. I haven't given one in a long time (that I can remember.) For some reason Ronnie says that he remembers me giving one with my family around the time after I moved in. Anyway, I wouldn't doubt that it was a good one Noelle. I should make a post displaying this quote from Christian Larsen, I think. It's a really good one with lots of good pointers on life which I think would be beneficial to read. Anyway, I'll probably forget and it's too late to do it now so I'll probably need some reminding, seeing that I am me. Anyway, it's getting late so if any of this comment doesn't really make any sense, then it's because of the late time I decided to write it.

Noelle said...

lol made sense to me. Everyone says it was a great talk, but when I read it here on the computer, it just doesn't seem to be all that they say. One lady gave me a card just thanking me for the talk. Then, after I sent the talk to the lady from our ward, she said that it was just as "poignant" as she remembered. I guess I just don't know art when I see it, or something...haha. I hate giving talks, though. I wouldn't exactly reccomend it. If you wanna, though, then hey, go for it. BTW, did you like the pics on the links? haha

Sir Radish said...

yeah, those pic.s are awesome! Keep it up ^_^ .

Sir Radish said...

I was just looking up on Dictionary.com what "poignant" meant (because I don't have that big of vocabulary). When I was reading the definitions I was wondering why Noelle thought it was a compliment, but then I read further and then I understood. I just thought it was kinda funny.
Poignant:
Physically painful: “Keen, poignant agonies seemed to shoot from his neck downward” (Ambrose Bierce).
Keenly distressing to the mind or feelings: poignant anxiety.
Profoundly moving; touching: a poignant memory. See Synonyms at moving.

Noelle said...

Hehe that's awesome. Well, I think the word poignant would work from most people's point of view, expecially mine. I mean, to me, my talk was Keenly distressing to the mind and feelings as well as physically painful haha.

Sir Radish said...

OO OOh, I have a talk this weekend at ward conference and it's to the youth. The subject is, "How the youth sustain youth leaders," or something like that. Anyway, I hope it's at least as good as a portion of the superiority that Noelle's talk probably displayed. I'm pretty nervous, but I think it'll come out as an interesting experience at least.

Noelle said...

See? I TOLD you they would call you to speak. Plus, this isn't just any old sacrament meeting, it's ward conference! I think it'll probably surpass my weird talk by FAR. Anyway, you'll have to let me read it ^^ Ok, fine, if you don't want to, you don't have to. Cya!